Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Little Magic Fingers


I have been putting it off for quite a while now, but I think it’s time to baby proof our apartment.

The little monkey is now crawling to perfection and has mastered the ability of sticking his little tiny fingers virtually everywhere. He has also developed a fascination in licking…yes, licking the electrical outlets (maybe they taste like strawberry and I don’t even know about it?) and shaking all those colorful bottles of cleaning products under the kitchen sink.

He’s also very good at making things disappear.

The other day I caught him in the bathroom, playing next to the toilet bowl with one of my hairbrushes. The moment he saw me, he just dropped it in the toilet and gave me one of those cute million dollar smiles and started digging back in the bowl in an attempt to save it.

Maybe that was a sign…you’d think?

Unfortunately I have never been a big fan of those ugly and bulky plastic ordeals that usually decorate every house with a living kid in it. Mostly because I know I will curse every time I have to open a cabinet, unlock the toilet seat or just plug in the blow dryer.

I am a pretty clumsy person by nature and I have the feeling that I will be a prisoner in my own apartment. Waiting for my husband to come home so that I can finally pee or feed myself…only because I didn’t know how to unlock the lock.

Ahh, the joy of independency and...motherhood, of course!

Daily Cool Pill: Uhhm…I wonder if Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn will soon start making baby proofing accessories!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh how I feel your pain!

We just had to lock the fridge. Yes, the fridge. Adam liked to open it and eat the food or break the eggs (that one sucked).

Parenthood is just so.... un-cool sometimes. lol

Mariana said...

We live in a pretty big house and I keep doors closed. He is not allowed in the kitchen (and the bathrooms are upstairs) to avoid the cleaning products and fridge part. But this isnt cos Im evil or something, its just the same as you... I would probably end up with a cabinet door in my hands after hours of trying to open it and not succeeding....
The outlets here are all child proof but they are standard like that... Seba likes better to just play with daddy's laptop... and that's fine by me (cos it is not MY laptop...hahaha).