Friday, July 13, 2007

Mean People

Today I was cruising around Old Navy, looking to buy some shorts for Luca and of course minding my own business…when I saw a cute little stripy dress. I immediately grabbed two different colors and went into the dressing room to try them on.

I couldn’t really see myself in the small mirror inside my cubicle and I didn’t really trust Luca’s funny facial expressions so I decided to use the big mirror outside.
While I was playing around with both dresses to see which color would suit me best…this heavy set lady came over to me and said:
“Oh, I saw that dress downstairs and I almost tried it on…it looks pretty on you!”…then she looked at my belly area, Luca and me again and said: “It’s not a maternity dress…is it?”

I almost ripped her eyes out and shouted: “Laaady, shut your big mouth. You are 350 pounds and I’m sure if I were you I would rather pretend I’m pregnant then just plain fat! And even if this dress WAS a maternity dress…what fucking difference does it make to you anyway?”

You know, I can totally take a comment like that from a tall skinny supermodel, because…yes, I still have those 5 pounds hanging over my shoulders and they just won’t go away. But from heeer?

(Sorry…today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed).

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Whoa... I would have ripped her a new one... How rude. Or you could have said "No, but when are you due?" HA HA.... :)

Cool Mama said...

I knooow! And trust me...she was in no place to make comments of any kind! She should definitely buy herself a mirror..