Saturday, June 2, 2007

I am no Cyber Whore

I really don’t remember what the heck we used to do without the Internet. Did we really use the Yellow Pages every time we were looking for an address? A restaurant? A store? Really?
It seems such a distant memory now, but to think about it I only became “computer happy” in the last few years. I’ve never really been a technology freak, let alone a decent user, so every time I discover or master the smallest task on my Mac…I feel like I discovered America.
You should have seen me playing around with Photoshop and Illustrator, or using my first scanner. Word, Excel, Power Point and all that computer mambo jumbo are slowly becoming clearer to me over the years and I can honestly say out loud, how much I regret cheating my way through computer class back in school.
I have always been a literature, history and foreign languages lover (yeah, you wouldn’t have guessed by the way I write!) and loathed anything remotely technical, including math of course.
So having bluffed my way through school for so many years and noticing that the whole world now revolves around computers…I had to step up and teach myself some of that stuff.
Anyway, the point of this post was….(I swear I had one!)…Isn’t it amazing how nowadays we feel crippled without a computer? We can’t even go on vacation without checking our e-mails or letting everybody know where we are…in case something happens. We feel this enormous need to stay in touch with the world because somehow we think if disaster strikes, we can save the day. What happened to the private time spent with friends and family? To the luxury of not being bothered by your boss or colleagues while you’re away? Well, it’s very simple: Unplug yourself!

DCP: Isn’t it nicer to come back from a vacation relaxed and tan, instead of looking like crap because you feel like you have never left?
Remember, it’s called vacation for a reason so ask your boss and colleagues to respect it!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Your blog is oh so familiar. The joys and not so joys of being a mommy. :)
I have recently become obsessed with reading blogs- especially the mommy ones- we all seem to be just as tired or just as insane!

Your kiddo is so cute.

Feel free to check out my blog, too:

http://mommeeandherboys.blogspot.com/

-Brittany-

Cool Mama said...

Thank you Brittany!
I became obsessed with blogs as well, especially the food and fashion ones and of course, the mommy ones!

I will definitely check out your blog.

Yummy Mommy,
Monica